PARKALGAR HONDA’S Sam Lowes will start from eighth on the second row of the grid for tomorrow’s 10th round of the World Supersport Championship at Imola in Italy, after taking 1.2seconds off his lap times from yesterday.
Miguel Praia on his Parkalgar Honda was nearly half a second faster than yesterday but slipped down to an unaccustomed 19th – but remains optimistic for the race, which starts at 1330 CET tomorrow, Sunday 25th September.
Sam: “The second row is OK, although not where I really want to be. After missing most of qualifying yesterday we are a little behind everyone else. We have some areas we can improve and I think it will be a close race and I will be on it doing my best, I feel good.”
Miguel: “That is my fastest ever lap of Imola and I am 19th, which shows how tough the competition is. Still it is a close 19th, I am just one-second from 10th and many of those riders in front of me will not have the same consistent pace over race distance. I am focused and ready to give it my all tomorrow, this is one of three last chances I have in 2011 and I want to score good results.”
Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager: “Sam is playing catch up after missing most of first qualifying but he is on the second row and we are working hard to make sure he will be in the fight and we are positive for the race.
“Miguel has posted his fastest ever lap time but we need to improve some more for him not just to score points but to be competing inside the top 10. That’s the challenge for warm up and the race.”
1. Broc Parkes AUS Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 1min 51.594s
2. Luca Scassa ITA ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 51.669s
3. Florian Marino FRA Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 1min 51.737s
4. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 51.852s
5. David Salom ESP Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 1min 52.120s
6. Roberto Tamburini ITA Bike Service Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 52.140s
7. Massimo Roccoli ITA Lorenzini Kawasaki ZX-6R 1min 52.353s
8. Sam Lowes GBR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 1min 52.543s
9. Gino Rea GBR Step Racing Honda CBR600RR 1min 52.766s
10. Ronan Quarmby RSA Suriano Triumph Daytona 675 1min 52.844s
19. Miguel Praia POR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 1min 53.909s
***Buy GBRacing engine case covers for most modern sports bikes at the lowest postage included price on Ebay through the Performance Technical Racing Shop, with next day delivery!