PARKALGAR HONDA’S Sam Lowes set the sixth fastest time in first qualification for Sunday’s 11th and penultimate round of the World Supersport Championship at Magny Cours in France.
Miguel Praia is 18th and will be working with his crew this evening to make improvements so he can climb up the time sheets tomorrow. There are further practice and qualifying sessions tomorrow before the race starts at 1330CET on Sunday 2nd October.
Sam: “I am really happy and positive. I did loads of laps and was very consistent. I am not far off the pace and there is so much to come from me I am confident for tomorrow. Through just three corners I can make the time up and there is more to come from the bike. I am really happy despite only being sixth. I can’t wait to be getting back on it, there is lots of room for improvement.”
Miguel: “My lap times are similar to my fastest last year already but I am only 18th! In the morning and qualifying we were testing tyres for race distance. This afternoon’s qualifying session was the only one at the same time of the day as the race on Sunday so we used it to tyre test. I want to improve the set up overnight for changing direction and then we can attack the lap time tomorrow.”
Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager: “There is a bit of work to do for Sam but he can find time within himself and some with the bike. We are confident we can get him to race challenging pace.
“Miguel is already as fast as last year and has done some long runs at the cost of his one lap pace. We are looking forward to improving his grid position tomorrow.”
1. Massimo Roccoli ITA Lorenzini Kawasaki ZX-6R 1min 41.498s
2. Broc Parkes AUS Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 1min 42.060s
3. David Salom ESP Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 1min 42.148s
4. Luca Scassa ITA ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 42.247s
5. Fabien Foret FRA Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 1min 42.384s
6. Sam Lowes GBR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 1min 42.519s
7. Florian Marino FRA Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 1min 42.644s
8. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 42.662s
9. Roberto Tamburini ITA Bike Service Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 42.680s
10. Gino Rea GBR Step Racing Honda CBR600RR 1min 43.127s
18. Miguel Praia POR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 1min 43.973s
***TO read Sam Lowes exclusive blog with Rogue Magazine, visit: www.roguemag.co.uk. In his first blog he talks about racing at Monza with his collarbone broken in three places…