PTR HONDA’S Jules Cluzel topped the morning session and finished second in the afternoon and overall to his Bogdanka PTR team mate Sam Lowes on his first test at the Moscow Raceway in Russia, that is set to host this weekend’s 10th round of the World Supersport Championship.
Ronan Quarmby finished the two 90-minute sessions on his PTR Honda in 10th place just over one second behind. Martin Jessopp on his Riders PTR Honda was 25th after slashing his time between sessions by over two seconds.
There are practice and qualifying sessions on Friday and Saturday before the race takes place at 1330 local time at Moscow Raceway on Sunday, 26th August.
Jules: “Yeah I am happy, the feeling with my bike is OK and I am enjoying riding in Russia. We have been competitive at every race and I think we will be here as well. Just at the end there was too much traffic on track with everyone waiting so I wasn’t able to improve my lap time; but this is not so important as this is just a test. I am happy and already think we have a good feeling for the race.”
Ronan: “Today went OK but I suffered a fall losing the front end in the second session which didn’t help. I spent the time trying to get used to the track. The corners are very tight and come back on themselves, I need to learn and get used to them. I want to be further up with the front guys come race weekend.”
Martin: “It is good to be in Moscow and learning a new track with everyone else, although I would prefer to be higher up the timesheets. I know my way round now and will be looking to improve over the race weekend. We made big steps between sessions today and I’ll want to do the same again.”
Simon Buckmaster, PTR Honda Team Manager: “It’s been a good day for Jules and both he and Sam are carrying on positive momentum from Silverstone. Ronan is showing impressive form and there is more to come from him. Martin has some work to do on a new track but everyone is learning so the field is levelled a bit for him here.”
1. Sam Lowes GBR Bogdanka PTR Honda CBR600RR 1m 38.548s
2. Jules Cluzel FRA PTR Honda CBR600RR 1m 38.596s
3. Broc Parkes AUS Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 1m 38.794s
4. Kenan Sofuoglu TUR Kawasaki Lorenzini ZX-6R 1m 39.021s
5. Vladimir Leonov RUS Yakhnich Yamaha YZF-R6 1m 39.448s
6. Sheridan Morais RSA Kawasaki Lorenzini ZX-6R 1m 39.531s
7. Fabien Foret FRA Intermoto Step Kawasaki ZX-6R 1m 39.537s
8. Roberto Tamburini ITA Lorini Honda CBR600RR 1m 39.568s
9. Gabor Talmacsi HUN ProRace Honda CBR600RR 1m 39.582s
10. Ronan Quarmby RSA PTR Honda CBR600RR 1m 38.711s
12. Mathew Scholtz RSA Bogdanka PTR Honda CBR600RR 1m 39.938s
25. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders PTR Honda CBR600RR 1m 41.804s